The Parent Association had another great meeting on January 12th. Here are some of the highlights:
· School safety agent Mr. Elmore did a presentation on the procedures in place to keep our children safe while at school.
· We have a number of PA sponsored fundraisers and events coming up including a parent-child dance and Dining to Donate at Applebees. Look out for communications that will be sent home regarding these activities. We are aiming to host another school carnival for the children. Raising funds is critical to making that happen.
· Show your child one more way that you love them. Purchase a $5 candy bag that will be delivered to your child’s classroom on Valentine’s Day. Order details will be sent home very soon.
· The spring submission deadline for Box Tops is March 1st. Please send in any Box Tops you have collected on or before February 20th. Remember, the more Box Tops we submit, the more money we earn for the school.
· If you haven’t done so, please pay your PA dues. It’s only $10 and all funds go towards supporting our school and our children. Dues can be given to Ms. Bolton, the PA Treasurer, or Mr. Leader.
The success of the Parent Association depends on having input, support and participation from as many parents as possible. So even if you cannot attend the PA meetings in person, feel free to connect with the PA board via email to share your feedback at email@example.com. Contact us with any questions, comments or if you would like to volunteer for upcoming events.
Finally, congratulations go out to Ms. Butler for winning this month’s prize – a very lovely candle and candle holder gift set provided by PA member Ms. Asencio. Thanks Ms. Asencio!
Hope to see you at the next PA meeting on Thursday, February 9th at 6:30pm.
Letecia Stewart, PGMS PA President