Current Nominees For Thursday's (Oct 28th.) Elections:
PRESIDENT (Manage PA Affairs)
1. Sophia Henry (6th Grade Parent/2021 Alumnus Parent) - Bio: Good evening, I am running for PA President because I feel I have the rapport and experience with the PGMS community needed to get things done. I am a PGMS Legacy Parent, with a son that recently graduated from the school. Additionally, I currently have a 6th grade student that attends PGMS. This is important to know because it shows that: 1) I have experience with ALL of the PGMS teachers across all grades and have a track record or working with them to make sure that the needs of my child and others were met. 2)Currently have a student in the 6th grade of the school community. Meaning that I will not have to serve or be a member of the PA for only one year. I will be able to serve in whichever capacity for possibly 3 years. 3) I have a great relationship with the administration and I have collaborated with them multiple times over the past three years. This is important because as parents we need to have the ears of those able to assist us with making the needed changes. 4) I am currently an employee in a DOE school in District 11. This is important to know because it shows that I know the ins and outs of the system and am familiar with the local school community needs. Thank you all for your time. I want you all to know that I will proudly serve as PA President and do everything I can to make sure our voice is heard and that we can work alongside teachers to ensure the best possible outcomes for our children. Thank you, Sophia Henry
2. Stefannie Bonilla (8th Grade Parent) - Bio: I will like to be nominated to this position because I think I would be a great addition to the PGMS family team. I am willing to work as a team as I have shown the same leadership I’m my other children elementary school and think this would be a new journey for me in middle school but I am willing to learn and adapt as I go. I appreciate the consideration and time. Have a good day.
TREASURER (Manages PA Finances)
1. Corinthia Barrow (7th Grade Parent) - Bio: Served as Treasurer for 2020-2021 school year.
2. Venica Heath (6th Grade Parent) - Bio: New parent member interested in serving as PA Treasurer.
SECRETARY (Manages PA Records)
1. Rosmelyn Duverge (6th Grade Parent) - Bio: My name is Rosmelyn Duverge. I am 32 years oId& reside in the Bronx in the castle hill area with my family. I am mother of 2yr old twins; girl and boy and 11yr old Sophia who is a 6th grader at Pelham Gardens middle school. I work as a home attendant and am going to school to become a registered nurse. This is my first time Nominating myself on the PTA Board. I am excited about the opportunity to be more involved in school decisions that affect all of our children.
2. Lashandra Francis (6th Grade Parent) - Bio: My name is Lashandra Francis (Cheylah's Mom) Excellent people skills, Go getter, Team player, Multi-task, Excellent under pressure, Career driven (Nursing background as well as Administrative skills) Looking forward in joining PGMS team.
3. Johanna Aquino
(6th Grade Parent) - Bio
: I want to participate because parents should make a difference.
ELECTION CHAIRPERSON (Facilitates Elections)
1. Needs To Be Filled (Parent Not Running For A Seat) - A simple, basic script created by the DOE will be provided to the volunteer and Parent Coordinator will review with everything with the volunteer prior to elections. To volunteer, Fill Out The Nomination Form
Election Note Taker (Records Election Events)
1. Paris Pettaway
(6th Grade Parent) - Bio:
Wants to volunteer for note taker for the elections.
Here are your current nominees for the elections. If you wish to nominate yourself, there is still time. Fill Out The Nomination Form
to throw your name in the hat for a seat on the Parent Association Executive Board, and don't forget to Register For The Elections
, if you have not done so already.
We thank all the parents who have registered for the elections and those who have opted to take a leadership role amongst the PGMS parent members.
See you this TONIGHT at 5:30pm via Zoom (link should be in your email after you register).